How Plumbing Issues Can Flood Your Basement
Here at Total Foundation Solutions, we have seen our fair share of flooding issues in Erie basements. Flooding can result in extensive water damage, mold growth, and structural decay. If your home’s plumbing isn’t working properly, your home could be at risk for flooding and all the hassles that come with it. Thankfully, our team of Erie basement waterproofing experts is here to help you safeguard your property!
Different Types of Plumbing Issues
When it comes to basement flooding, there are several types of plumbing problems that can cause this. A flood in your home can be devastating, ruining your belongings, floors, and basement walls. And if the water damage isn’t properly fixed in a timely manner, it can result in more extensive problems like mold growth and wood rot.
Here are some of the common causes of plumbing floods:
Old-fashioned rubber hoses often can’t hold up against long-term water pressure. Over time, they can wear out and burst.
Because water heater units are designed for a continuous, automatic refill, when they leak, it can result in significant flooding. This constant water flowing into your basement from a water heater can do serious damage in a short amount of time.
Much of your home’s plumbing is in your basement, and any burst water or sewer pipe here can flood your basement quickly. However, identifying the leaking pipe in time can be a challenge.
Water Damage Caused by Plumbing Issues
As one of the top names for basement waterproofing in Erie, Total Foundation Solutions knows exactly what to look for when it comes to plumbing problems and water damage in your basement. When plumbing fails, you can experience extensive damage in a short period of time.
While some water damage is extreme, any water in your basement can cause issues. If you have a plumbing failure, you could be dealing with any of the following:
- Wet, soggy floors and walls and drenched personal belongings. Water is highly intrusive and can soak anything it comes in contact with.
- Mold and mildew growth. A wet basement is a perfect environment for mildew and mold to grow, which can be hazardous to your health and threaten the structural integrity of your home.
- Musty odors. If water damage is untreated, it can result in foul odors and poor indoor air quality.
- Wood rot. Any exposed beams or joists in your basement can be affected by flooding. When this wood becomes wet, it can weaken and rot, resulting in potentially serious structural damage.
- Bugs and pests. If your basement is damp from plumbing flooding, it can attract bugs and pests. These critters prefer living in dark, moist environments.
Basement Waterproofing Solutions
Whether you are currently dealing with flooding in your Erie basement or you want to avoid this costly hassle altogether, Total Foundation Solutions can help. Our basement waterproofing solutions can keep your home clean and dry and protect it from potential water damage. We may suggest one or more of the following waterproofing options for your home:
- Vapor barriers
- Waterproof wall panels
- Basement drainage system
Each of these solutions plays a unique role in protecting your home from water damage, and our team offers professional installation, repair, and maintenance for each.
Let Total Foundations Solutions Protect Your Home from Plumbing Flood
Don’t let a plumbing flood ruin your home! Total Foundation Solutions is a trusted company for basement waterproofing services in Erie, and we can help you safeguard your property from plumbing failure. Reach out to us today for a free, on-site inspection and waterproofing estimate!