Basement Water Damage Caused by Leaky Windows
One of the many ways that water can enter your basement is through leaky windows. Water is a powerful source that can seep through any tiny crack and make its way into your basement. If there are any voids or cracks around your windows, water can easily leak through them and cause damage to your basement.
We offer a variety of different basement waterproofing products and services to ensure your basement stays dry and healthy. If you notice any signs of water damage from leaky windows, contact our basement waterproofing and window leak repair experts in Erie today for a free estimate!
Why do Windows Leak?
Most homeowners would like to think that their windows are sealed tightly to prevent water intrusion, but unfortunately that’s not always the case. A basement window could be leaking for a few different reasons.
- Problems During Construction: The problem could have started during construction if your window was not fitted properly into the frame. It’s very important to have windows properly installed to avoid holes or cracks to prevent water from seeping through.
- Bad Seal: There could also be a bad glass seal or bad window sealant. Over time, sealant can lose its durability and start to flake away, so it’s important to have a quality sealant around your windows to avoid leaking.
No matter what the reason is for your leaky windows, Total Foundation Solutions can provide basement waterproofing solutions to protect it from water damage.
Signs of Water Damage from Leaky Windows
As water enters your basement through leaky windows, it can cause extensive damage if left untreated. Other forms of water intrusion can be more obvious, such as a burst pipe or flooding through a floor crack, but a leaky window may be more difficult to identify.
Since it is typically a slow leak through the window, you may not notice signs of damage until they become worse and worse. Regardless of how much water enters your basement through a leaky window, it can cause extensive damage if left untreated.
If you notice any of the following symptoms of water damage, our window leak repair and sealing experts in Erie can help:
As the most obvious sign, if you have a leaky window you’ll likely notice a wet wall around the window. This can either show as water stains on the wall or as condensation that forms as the water enters through the cracks.
A leaky window can also lead to wet floors as the water can pool up on the floor when it leaks, or it can create condensation on the floor as well.
Water in a basement can create musty odors if its not taken care of in time and can impact your home’s air quality.
As water leaks through your windows, it creates a moist environment in your basement, which can cause mold to grow.
The extra moisture in your basement can also increase the amount of unwanted visitors in your basement. If you notice an increase of bugs and pests, it could be a sign of water damage caused by leaky windows.
Basement Waterproofing Solutions
These products can be installed by Total Foundation Solutions to protect your basement from water damage caused by leaky windows. Our goal is to turn your basement into a dry, clean, healthy space for you and your family to enjoy.
Basement Waterproofing Solutions
Our basement waterproofing and sealing specialists in Erie utilize a variety of different solutions to help keep your home safe:
- Basement drainage system: We use the Hydraway Drainage System that is installed along the perimeter of your basement to collect water and channel it outside.
- Waterproof wall panels: The DryShield Waterproof Wall Panels can be installed to prevent any water leaks or seepage through your basement walls.
- Vapor barrier: We install the WhiteCap Vapor Barrier, which is a waterproof, puncture-proof liner to protect your walls from water damage.
Trust in Total Foundations Solutions
We have proudly helped customers throughout Northwestern Pennsylvania and Western New York protect their basement from damage caused by leaky windows, and we’re ready to help you.
Contact our team in Erie for a free window leak repair estimate!